Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AKMMS AKMMS is offline

Default Center label text vertically?

Is there any way to automatically center the text of each label in Word
vertically as opposed to horizontally? I am using the general Label option,
not mail merge.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Center label text vertically?

Yes, you can center the label text vertically in Microsoft Word. Here's how:
  1. Open a new or existing Word document and click on the "Mailings" tab.
  2. Click on "Labels" in the "Create" section.
  3. In the "Labels" tab, select the type of label you want to use and click "OK."
  4. In the "Label Options" dialog box, select the brand and product number of the labels you are using.
  5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box and create the labels.
  6. Type the text you want to appear on the labels.
  7. Highlight the text you want to center vertically.
  8. Click on the "Home" tab.
  9. In the "Paragraph" section, click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner to open the "Paragraph" dialog box.
  10. In the "Paragraph" dialog box, click on the "Alignment" tab.
  11. Under "Vertical alignment," select "Center."
  12. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

Your label text should now be centered vertically on each label.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In most versions of Word, labels are vertically centered by default. If
yours are not centering, make sure you don't have extraneous empty
paragraphs.

http://word.mvps.org

"AKMMS" wrote in message
Is there any way to automatically center the text of each label in Word
vertically as opposed to horizontally? I am using the general Label
option,
not mail merge.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AKMMS AKMMS is offline

I don't have any extraneous empty paragraphs. Here are the steps I am taking
to make the labels:

1. Open Word 2007
2. Click Mailings
3. Click Labels
4. Click Options
5. Select the Avery US Letter Vendor from the dropdown list
6. Select Product #5066
7. Click OK
8. Click New Document

A new Word document opens up with the label borders showing. I proceed to
type in the text but it doesn't center. Did I do something wrong?

"AKMMS" wrote in message
Is there any way to automatically center the text of each label in Word
vertically as opposed to horizontally? I am using the general Label
option,
not mail merge.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This is evidently a change in Word 2007. In Word 2003, the same steps give
you labels that are vertically centered (and have "separator rows" between
rows of labels). When the label definition was redone, evidently the
vertical centering was omitted.

http://word.mvps.org

"AKMMS" wrote in message
Is there any way to automatically center the text of each label in Word
vertically as opposed to horizontally? I am using the general Label
option,
not mail merge.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
uchiha uchiha is offline

AKMMS wrote on 03/18/2010 09:28 ET :
Is there any way to automatically center the text of each label in Word
vertically as opposed to horizontally? I am using the general Label option,
not mail merge.

A good ask. I recently happen to read something about a UI label control:

http://www.kettic.com/winforms_ui/cs...ls_label.shtml

An article about label text formatting is included, which must be helpful to
your situation:

http://www.kettic.com/winforms_ui/cs...t_format.shtml