Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ray ray is offline

Default how do I merge multiple documents into one-keeping section format

a manual was forwarded to me in as multiple documents. I need to bring all
docs into one manual. Each section has it's own header and footer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

To what extent this is possible will be determined by what the documents
contain, their styles and how the documents are laid out. The best you are
likely to achieve would be by creating a new document from the same document
template, then insert the first document then a next page section break,
then insert the following document etc. You could use the boiler addin from
my web site to automate the task - http://www.gmayor.com/Boiler.htm

If you don't have to edit the finished document and the manual is for
viewing or printing, and you have Acrobat, create each document as a
separate PDF then use Acrobat to merge the separate PDFs into one file.