Danny

Default custom format a page number

My client has a bunch of contract templates that they use and need to have
the page number in s certain format (*000001N*). The N is for a normal
contract page. The signature page will need to be suffixed with a S
(*000003S*). The problem is when they add stuff to a page the signature page
sometimes gets off set. I need to find a way to do a customer number that
has leading zeros. I can use sections to use the N or S on the doc but I
need to find a way to add a custom format so I can start the page number at
000000. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

After you have inserted the page number in the header/footer, press Alt+F9
to display the { PAGE } field code. Add a numeric picture switch as follows:

{ PAGE \# 00000# }

Press F9 to update the field and display the number 000001. Add the N or S
outside the PAGE field.

If the signature page is always the last page, you don't even need a section
break, just a conditional field, as follows:

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "{ PAGE \# 00000# }S" "{ PAGE \# 00000# }N" }

"Danny" wrote in message
My client has a bunch of contract templates that they use and need to have
the page number in s certain format (*000001N*). The N is for a normal
contract page. The signature page will need to be suffixed with a S
(*000003S*). The problem is when they add stuff to a page the signature

page
sometimes gets off set. I need to find a way to do a customer number that
has leading zeros. I can use sections to use the N or S on the doc but I
need to find a way to add a custom format so I can start the page number

at
000000. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Glad I could help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

After you have inserted the page number in the header/footer, press

Alt+F9
to display the { PAGE } field code. Add a numeric picture switch as

follows:

{ PAGE \# 00000# }

Press F9 to update the field and display the number 000001. Add the N or

outside the PAGE field.

If the signature page is always the last page, you don't even need a

section
break, just a conditional field, as follows:

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "{ PAGE \# 00000# }S" "{ PAGE \#

00000# }N" }

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Danny" wrote in message
My client has a bunch of contract templates that they use and need to

have
the page number in s certain format (*000001N*). The N is for a

normal
contract page. The signature page will need to be suffixed with a S
(*000003S*). The problem is when they add stuff to a page the

signature
page
sometimes gets off set. I need to find a way to do a customer number

that
has leading zeros. I can use sections to use the N or S on the doc

but I
need to find a way to add a custom format so I can start the page

number
at
000000. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Danny

Hi Suzanne,

I found an issue that resulted from doing a mail merge. They page numbers
are all working until after the mail merge. After the merge, all the pages
now are displaying page 1 and it is not a field anymore. Is there anyway I
can keep the page field after the merge so the formula for the page numbering
stays?

Thank you so much,
Danny

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Glad I could help.

"Danny" wrote in message
My client has a bunch of contract templates that they use and need to

have
the page number in s certain format (*000001N*). The N is for a

normal
contract page. The signature page will need to be suffixed with a S
(*000003S*). The problem is when they add stuff to a page the

signature
page
sometimes gets off set. I need to find a way to do a customer number

that
has leading zeros. I can use sections to use the N or S on the doc

but I
need to find a way to add a custom format so I can start the page

number
at
000000. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Mail merge unfortunately does a number on some fields. I know there are KB
articles on this, but I'm currently not finding them. In your case, however,
if you are doing a letter merge, the reason is that each "letter" is a
separate section with numbering restarted in each section.

"Danny" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,

I found an issue that resulted from doing a mail merge. They page numbers
are all working until after the mail merge. After the merge, all the

pages
now are displaying page 1 and it is not a field anymore. Is there anyway

can keep the page field after the merge so the formula for the page

numbering
stays?

Thank you so much,
Danny

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Glad I could help.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Danny" wrote in message
[...]

Danny

Suzanne,

After playing with the field, I got it working. Instead of using the IF
statement to draw my page numbers I tried playing differently with the { page
\# 00000# } format and sections to get the results that I wanted.

Thank you so much for your help with this. You have been very helpful.
Danny

"Danny" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,

I found an issue that resulted from doing a mail merge. They page numbers
are all working until after the mail merge. After the merge, all the

pages
now are displaying page 1 and it is not a field anymore. Is there anyway

can keep the page field after the merge so the formula for the page

numbering
stays?

Thank you so much,
Danny

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Glad I could help.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Danny" wrote in message
[...]

How do I get rid of a page number on a Save As\ Text Only doc? Mike Whitehurst Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 05 01:17 PM
Page Number funnybroad Page Layout 4 March 3rd 05 07:58 AM
Page Number and Page header on the first page Frank Drost Formatting Long Documents 3 March 1st 05 02:17 PM
When insert page number is clicked, the number inserted at page 1. inbetween Page Layout 1 February 19th 05 07:07 AM