Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slbreaux

Default Autotext

Have any of you had problems with autotext double spacing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

No. It double-spaces when I want it to. Otherwise it does not. It might help
if you explained what problem it is you are having and in which version of
Word.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"slbreaux" wrote in message
Have any of you had problems with autotext double spacing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slbreaux

I have been able to correct the situation. The user has what is called a
standard paragraph saved as autotext. When she would insert it into an
existing document by typing the keyword and hitting enter, it would go in
double-spaced and the rest of the existing document was single-spaced. If
she inserted it into a totally new document, it would go in as single-spaced.
I told her to copy the standard paragraph again and paste into a new
document as unformatted text and then save the autotext entry again, which
worked. Why the original autotext entry was going in as double-spaced in an
existing document I have not figured out yet. She tried it on multiple
existing documents as well and the same thing happened. Any ideas?

"slbreaux" wrote in message
Have any of you had problems with autotext double spacing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

It has to do with the AutoText entry having a paragraph mark in it, which
carries formatting. However, that formatting starts with a Style. Which
Style, I don't know. So, the underlying Style in some of the documents is
double-spaced, in others single-spaced. If you look at the IncludeText
tutorial you can download from http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm,
you'll find an example of how styles and formatting interact when inserting
text (using an IncludeText field or AutoText).

Including the paragraph mark is a real key, though. If you select your
AutoText entries to not include paragraph marks you get less of this
behavior.