Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
elzar elzar is offline
Junior Member

Default Need help keeping formatting when pasting into other document

I am using Word2000. Although I am an IT person with many years computer experience, when it comes to fancy word processing - forget it. I haven't a clue, although I can usually figure things out enough to do what I need to get done, and never have to do anything that fancy anyway. But now I am totally stumped.

I have a big document which someone else sent me a fancy schmancy cover page to add to it, with a vertical line down one side, a company image, writing in different styles (or something), an embedded image, different fonts all over the place etc.

When I paste the cover page into a new blank page in my document it loses all of its formatting.

I've even tried the PASTE SPECIAL options but they don't work either, and have different problems. For instance the closest I can get to keeping the formatting is to use the "Microsoft Word Document Object" choice from "paste special" but that cuts off one of the pictures in the document - plus it mysteriously results in the entire cover page being effing INVISIBLE in normal view, and even worse, when I convert the document to a PDF (which I need to do) that cover page looks really really wierd.

What is the magic secret to pasting in part of one document into another and keeping the original formatting, or is it just not even possible??????????

I even tried pasting my document into the fancy one, but even though mine has no real fancy stuff, it is very different from the cover page, and then all 50 of my pages look nuts as they take on whatever characteristics the cover page has.

Any help appreciated.