{ PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

Old August 10th 17, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Default { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

On Friday, February 12, 2010 at 3:54:01 PM UTC-6, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thank you so much, Suzanne! I could not figure out how to delete that.
Old August 13th 17, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

V*o 12:04:36 UTC+7 Thứ Bảy, ng*y 11 tháng 1 năm 2014, Suzanne S. Barnhill đã viết:
If the PAGE field displays correctly but prints as a field code, then you
need to change a setting in the Print Options. Where you find these will
depend on the version of Word (which should always be stated).

Word 2003 or earlier: Tools | Options | Print: Include with document: Clear
the check box for "Field codes."

Word 2007: Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Print: Clear the check
box for "Print field codes instead of their values."

Word 2010/2013: File | Options | Advanced: Print: Clear the check box for

wrote in message

On Friday, February 12, 2010 1:54:01 PM UTC-8, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

I did the Alt=F9 and it toggled on screen but continued to show { PAGE \*
MERGEFORMAT } on every page I printed, so I had to just leave a 121 page
printout with no page numbers. i tried to look through MS help but for some
reason they ramble about nothing that actually fixes an issue(long time prob
with MS).
Why can't they just make it UI friendly.

Does the developer actually test people to try the product and watch their
reactions? See what issues people have and re-code?.. That is what needs to
happen because i have seen way too many questions on the net that MS should
have been able to answer in simple terms..

Thank you a lot!
Old August 18th 17, 09:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 3:24:01 AM UTC+5:30, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thanks for help.
Old September 3rd 17, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Lifesaver, thank you!
Old September 22nd 17, 06:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Saturday, 13 February 2010 02:54:01 UTC+5, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering

Thank you so much Suzanne it worked great.. Tell me what it meant and why this error occured

MERGEFORMAT [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 October 11th 06 06:23 AM
\* MERGEFORMAT error Colin44 Page Layout 1 May 3rd 06 09:16 AM
MERGEFORMAT problem frank Mailmerge 2 November 29th 05 08:22 PM
Mergeformat field kharrison Microsoft Word Help 6 February 17th 05 02:38 AM
HELP!!! How do I use the /*Mergeformat switch Karry Cannon Mailmerge 1 January 12th 05 10:16 PM