DSmith

Default Protecting a document

How do you protect a document so that it can't be copied and pasted into a
new document? I protected a Word document which didn't allow changes but it
did allow me to copy it and paste it into a new document.

Thanks

Ed G

Suzanne

If an entire document can be copied into a new document and then edited,
why make a document read protected. I thought the purpose of read only
protection was to keep others from changing the document. This seems too
simple to fool the read only protection.

How can I protect a document so no one elase can change it, but still read
and print it. This is mainly for contracts that are sent to another party and
I do not want them to be able to change any part of them with out my
knowledge. I am aware of track changes and comments, but this is not the
purpose. I just want the other party to approve and print and I must be sure
they have not altered the document.

Ed

"DSmith" wrote in message
How do you protect a document so that it can't be copied and pasted into a
new document? I protected a Word document which didn't allow changes but

it
did allow me to copy it and paste it into a new document.

Thanks

Charles Kenyon

Why, because most people don't know how to do what Suzanne noted could be
done.

Anything that can be read can be copied and edited.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no way to protect a Word document in this way. Anything that can
be
seen can be copied.

so
all may benefit.

"DSmith" wrote in message
How do you protect a document so that it can't be copied and pasted
into a
new document? I protected a Word document which didn't allow changes
but

it
did allow me to copy it and paste it into a new document.

Thanks

If a document is protected, then users cannot edit *that document." They can
make a copy of the document, but the file Properties will betray that, so
you have proof that the document is not the original.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no way to protect a Word document in this way. Anything that

can be
seen can be copied.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.