Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Outlines Help

If I understand the issue correctly, then you need a character style (or
styles) for the body faced bits which you can apply to the 1.1 heading level
as required. The TOC appears to be maintained.

wordspinster wrote:
I separated this from the earlier thread because it has been my
experience in the past if I post to a several-days-old thread, it
never gets noticed.
Sorry for the confusion.

The problem lies in the fact that the user wants heading and body
text to have the same numbering scheme (1.1 Heading (boldface), and
1.1 Body (not bold)). He also wants a TOC, and that's where things
are getting bollixed up.

I am going to make one last-ditch effort at this. If that doesn't
work, I'm telling the user that he can't have numbered paragraphs, or
will have to apply numbering manually.

Thanks for getting back on this. If I come up with an acceptable
solution,
I may post it for the next unfortunate writer who is handed a 20 year
old template format. :-P

janet

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

I am not sure why you have separated this from the earlier thread
below, which only causes confusion