Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ab

Default Strange Numbering

Help!

I am used to Numbering but I now have a specification to type with the
number format:

1:00 (Heading 1)
1:01
1:02 etc
1:10
1.
2. etc
2:00
2:01 etc

I have no idea how to achieve this and would be grateful for any advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If I'm interpreting this correctly, 1:00 would be Heading 1, and then the
Heading 2s would be 1:01, 1:02, etc.? Set this up as you normally would,
with these modifications:

1. Substitute a colon for the period after the Level 1 numbering.

2. In Level 1 (Heading 1) manually type in two zeroes after the colon.

3. For Level 2, include the Level 1 numbering, substitute a colon for the
period, and use the 01, 02, 03... number style.

4. For Level 3, use 1, 2, 3 numbering again and omit any previous levels.

"ab" wrote in message
Help!

I am used to Numbering but I now have a specification to type with the
number format:

1:00 (Heading 1)
1:01
1:02 etc
1:10
1.
2. etc
2:00
2:01 etc

I have no idea how to achieve this and would be grateful for any advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ab

Thanks. Would I start a completely new template as Heading 1, 2, etc are
already defined in the template I am using?
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If I'm interpreting this correctly, 1:00 would be Heading 1, and then the
Heading 2s would be 1:01, 1:02, etc.? Set this up as you normally would,
with these modifications:

1. Substitute a colon for the period after the Level 1 numbering.

2. In Level 1 (Heading 1) manually type in two zeroes after the colon.

3. For Level 2, include the Level 1 numbering, substitute a colon for the
period, and use the 01, 02, 03... number style.

4. For Level 3, use 1, 2, 3 numbering again and omit any previous levels.

so
all may benefit.

"ab" wrote in message
Help!

I am used to Numbering but I now have a specification to type with the
number format:

1:00 (Heading 1)
1:01
1:02 etc
1:10
1.
2. etc
2:00
2:01 etc

I have no idea how to achieve this and would be grateful for any advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you're going to modify the styles (and you should), I'd suggest creating
a new template, yes. Make sure you link the numbering to the styles as
described at http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

"ab" wrote in message
Thanks. Would I start a completely new template as Heading 1, 2, etc are
already defined in the template I am using?
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If I'm interpreting this correctly, 1:00 would be Heading 1, and then

the
Heading 2s would be 1:01, 1:02, etc.? Set this up as you normally would,
with these modifications:

1. Substitute a colon for the period after the Level 1 numbering.

2. In Level 1 (Heading 1) manually type in two zeroes after the colon.

3. For Level 2, include the Level 1 numbering, substitute a colon for

the
period, and use the 01, 02, 03... number style.

4. For Level 3, use 1, 2, 3 numbering again and omit any previous

levels.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.