Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ab

Default Updating styles

In earlier versions of Word, if I altered a paragraph and wanted to keep
this format for the particular style I was using, I could highlight the
Style box on the Formatting toolbar and press Enter.

This doesn't happen in Word 2003 - it just reverts to the unmodified style.

Is there a way round this, please, rather than having to modify everything
on the Styles and Formatting box on the right-hand side?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom

You may also have to clear the "Keep track of formatting" option if
you want to be able to update the style from the Style box on the
Formatting toolbar. (With the "Keep track of formatting" option turned
on, you can still click the style name in the task pane and then
you'll see the prompt to update.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
On the Edit tab of Tools | Options, check the box for "Prompt to

update
style."

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"ab" wrote in message
In earlier versions of Word, if I altered a paragraph and wanted

to keep
this format for the particular style I was using, I could

highlight the
Style box on the Formatting toolbar and press Enter.

This doesn't happen in Word 2003 - it just reverts to the

unmodified
style.

Is there a way round this, please, rather than having to modify

everything
on the Styles and Formatting box on the right-hand side?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom

You are welcome.