Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ab

Default Path of document

Is it possible to show the FULL path and name of a document at the top of
the screen? I often have documents open from different folders and it would
be helpful to have this information.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc

Ab,
Have a look here if you want the path of the document in Word's title bar.
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/File_Name_And_Path.htm
If you mean full path in the document itself go to View - headers and
footers - Insert AutoText - File and pathname.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
Is it possible to show the FULL path and name of a document at the top of
the screen? I often have documents open from different folders and it
would be helpful to have this information.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Add the following line to an AutoOpen macro in normal.dot

ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm