Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
T. Brown T. Brown is offline

Default mail merge field appears gray when merged and then prints the gray

I am hoping someone can help me on this. When I put together a merged letter
it works fine. All of the merged information appears in a gray box. Next,
when I am attempting to print the letter the gray shading will also print. I
have tried everything to get the gray not to print. Can anyone help me on
this, please? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

1. try switching off field highlighting in Tools|Option|View.

2. if you are in Word 2002 (and possibly 2003) and you are printing from
Normal view, try switching to Print Layout view (on the View menu) and see
if that makes any difference.

Peter Jamieson

"T. Brown" T. wrote in message
I am hoping someone can help me on this. When I put together a merged
letter
it works fine. All of the merged information appears in a gray box.
Next,
when I am attempting to print the letter the gray shading will also print.
have tried everything to get the gray not to print. Can anyone help me on
this, please? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sounds like you are not actually executing the merge, but are just printing
a preview of the results.

Turn on the mailmerge toolbar by selecting Toolbars from the View menu and
then check the mail merge item and then use the button towards the right
hand end of the toolbar to execute the merge to the printer.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"T. Brown" T. wrote in message
I am hoping someone can help me on this. When I put together a merged
letter
it works fine. All of the merged information appears in a gray box.
Next,
when I am attempting to print the letter the gray shading will also print.
have tried everything to get the gray not to print. Can anyone help me on
this, please? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
T. Brown T. Brown is offline

Default mail merge field appears gray when merged and then prints the

Thank you for your assistance, it was most helpful.