Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
metal_purist

Default help! please!

hello, I somehow manged to change my Office language to German, I do not know
how to change it back as I cannot Read German, Someone Please help. I'm
Using Office 2003 Professional. Everything Changed to German, all of the
Office Programs

thank you,
- Unable to Read German
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Alas not a solution but a suggestion. Many people are just too busy to
read all posts. Suggest you put the actual query (shortened) in the
subject line. That should draw the attention of those who can help.

Actually, I do have a suggestion from left field: find a german speaking
friend who can read the menus, to enable you to navigate and restore the
language. Your problem must be like mine once when I accidentally
toggled my mobile phone to read all menu commands in Danish! I think I
restored it by trial and error, but then a mobile phone software is a
lot less complicated than Word!

Good luck.

metal_purist wrote:

hello, I somehow manged to change my Office language to German, I do not know
how to change it back as I cannot Read German, Someone Please help. I'm
Using Office 2003 Professional. Everything Changed to German, all of the
Office Programs

thank you,
- Unable to Read German

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuck Davis

Assuming you didn't change Windows, Word 2003 Help (in English) returned
this:
Change the default language setting
You can change your default settings in Microsoft Office to have them
match the default settings of a different language.

1.. In Microsoft Windows XP, on the Windows Start menu, point to All
Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and
then click Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings.

In Windows 2000, on the Windows Start menu, point to Programs, point
to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click
Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings

2.. Click the Enabled Languages tab.
3.. In the Choose the language that defines default behavior in
Microsoft Office applications box, select the language you want, and then
click OK.

4.. A message appears describing the effects of the change. To
continue, click Continue and lose customizations.

metal_purist wrote:

hello, I somehow manged to change my Office language to German, I do not
know
how to change it back as I cannot Read German, Someone Please help. I'm
Using Office 2003 Professional. Everything Changed to German, all of the
Office Programs

thank you,
- Unable to Read German

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Garard

G'Day Purist,

Did you download a LIP (Language Interface Pack - I didn't think there was
a German one)?

If so there is an included 'tool' to 'toggle' the Language back to the original.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard