Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Canging fornats?

Why is it that when I save any document as a word document, using MS
Word, that it gets changed into a Word Pad document? After I save a
Word document, the icon comes up not as the Word icon, but as the Word
Pad icon and everything opens in the wrong format. What is going on?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Default Changing formats?

It doesn't get changed to anything. It is still a Word document. It is only
the Windows file association that is wrong. You can either repair Word to
fix it, or see How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm