Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PT

Default Problem Adding an External HD

I've had an external 80GB Iomega HD connected to my WinXP home system via
USB. It was formatted into two equal sized partitions, and has functioned
without problems for several years. I wanted to transfer this device to
another computer. So first, I wanted to wipe both partitions clean, then
create a single NTFS partition. Here's what I did:

I went into the Computer Management section and deleted each partition. But
when I tried to create a new portion and then format it, I ran into a
problem. Windows XP now does not recognize the HD. I tried the Control
Panel |Add Hardware, and looked into some help files on Iomega's site. But
still no recognition.

I'm certain this is a software issue, as the drive has functioned perfectly
until now.

Is there a simple step I've overlooked?

--

PT