Chris

Default Removing Unwanted Spaces

I'm having an issue with removing unwanted spaces in my document. Basically
there is a walkthrough of a game that I pasted from the webpage over to Word
2003. When pasted it kept the same line returns and stuff like that and
basically is a mess, especially since I want to print some of it. Is there a
way to remove those extra spaces and just bunch the lines up together? Its
just a huge waste of paper to print it like this and too much trouble to
format by hand by removing the spaces. I tried different "Paste Special"
options but none worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a
sample of what I am talking about:

"There are two dogs. Just wipe them. You've got used to them too much now,
right ? Take the [NUTRITION DRINK] by the broken door. Go up all the stairs
to Albert's Sports Shop. There's a new weapon [3-WOOD]. Examine the basketof
volley balls if you like. Then examine the bar for [CAKE CANDLES].
Exitthrough the door near the hole."

Carol

Try this: Ctrl +A to select all of the text, Ctrl +C to copy it. Then Ctrl+N
to open a new document. Once you have the new document open, click on Edit
and Paste Special and then select unformatted text. This should paste the
text into the document with no formatting. You can then format the document
the way you see fit. In the future, you will know to use the Paste Special
method so that you aren't copying HTML code into your document. I hope this
has been helpful to you.

"Chris" wrote:

[...]

Jay Freedman

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 14:16:01 -0500, "Chris"
wrote:

[...]

TF

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

--