Susan

Default Return the Mail Merge process to what it was BEFORE Word 2003

A while back, our office was upgraded to Microsoft Office 2003. After having
used it for a length of time now, I really only have one complaint.

The Mail Merge process in Word 2003 is by far the WORST process I have ever
had to use. Whether you are merging letters, labels, envelopes or otherwise,
it is a very inefficient, inconvenient process to work with. I'm sure at the
time, Microsoft felt they must be improving the Merge process by making the
changes they did; however, in no way did it make my job easier.

While I can use the Mail Merge process, it is very frustrating and if I had
another option, I would use it instead.

Im sure Microsoft has no intention of going back to the way it was before
Microsoft Office 2003 so I won't get into specifics about what is wrong with
the 2003 version. I really don't have time to get into detail about it
anyway as I have already wasted enough time using the Mail Merge today and
also writing this e-mail to voice my frustration.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The simplest option is to select Toolbars from the View menu and check the
Mailmerge toolbar item and use that.

Alternatively, from the Tools menu, select Customize and then on the
Customize dialog, select the Commands tab and then the All commands category
and scroll down through the list of commands until you locate the Mailmerge
Helper item and click and drag it onto a toolbar (I would suggest the
Mailmerge toolbar). That will give you back the original mailmerge
interface.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.