SNOWBOMB7

Default How do I keep the date from updating itself in Word?

I have inserted a date but each time I open the file, it updates itself with
todays date. I have unselected the "Update Automatically" option yet it still
does it.

Please help!!!

The date in question is a DATE or TIME field. Press Alt+F9 to display the
field code and change it to CREATEDATE. Alt+F9 to toggle back to field
results and F9 to update. Note that the "Update automatically" setting
affects only dates that you insert using that dialog, not existing fields in
the document. And if you use the Insert Date button on the Header and Footer
toolbar or the Alt+Shift+D shortcut, you will get a DATE field.

"SNOWBOMB7" wrote in message
I have inserted a date but each time I open the file, it updates itself

with
todays date. I have unselected the "Update Automatically" option yet it

still
does it.

Please help!!!

Jay Freedman

Put in a date-time picture switch (see the help topic "Date-Time
Picture (\@) field switch"). For example, if you want the date format
to be month/day/year, the field code should be

{CREATEDATE \@ MM/dd/yyyy}

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman