Skip if duplicate

Old March 4th 08, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sparkie

Default Skip if duplicate

I'm trying to merge a list of names by category. Is there a way to do this
directly into a one column list? If not, can I merge them into two columns
and avoid repeating the multiple categories?
i.e.
Instead of:
Red Chris
Red Tom
Should be:
Red Chris
Tom
Or better still:
Red
Chris
Tom
Thanks
Old March 5th 08, 06:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

See 'How to use mail merge to create a list sorted by category -
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294686 '

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old March 6th 08, 01:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sparkie

Thank you! I printed it out and have tried it once - it did not work - will
try again. However, in the meantime, if I am extracting the data from CRM
via a mail merge add-on, will this formula still work?

Old March 6th 08, 09:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

If you have a data file that has the two fields; you substitute the field
names in the example; the data is sorted on the 'colour' field; you set the
merge type to directory/catalog and merge to a new document then it should
work.

{ IF{ MergeSeq } = 1 "{ Mergefield Colour }
" }{ SET Place1{ Mergefield Colour } }
{ IF{ Place2 } { Place 1 } "
{ Mergefield Name }" }{ SET Place2 { Mergefield Colour } }

Note the quotes and the line breaks. Colour is the field containing RED.
Name is the field containing NAME

Skip if - Fill-in Pierre Mailmerge 3 March 1st 08 09:28 PM
Skip Record If JJRedick Microsoft Word Help 1 September 16th 07 02:03 PM
Skip Duplicate Records + Put all Records in One Document Ryan D Mailmerge 2 April 25th 07 06:55 PM
Skip Record If? B Mailmerge 8 May 31st 06 04:17 PM
Numbering - skip a level BruceM Microsoft Word Help 4 February 10th 05 07:56 PM