Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default Find and Replace Character

Hi ... I have a very long text doc that has two spaces inserted after the
period at the end of each sentance (old schoold way), rather than one space
that is now standard. I want to use the Find and Replace to change all of the
double spaces into single spaces. Does anyone know the special character
combination to do that? Thanks so much!
--
Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It doesn't take any special characters at all -- in the Find box,
press the spacebar twice (you won't see anything, but the cursor will
move over), and in the Replace box, press the spacebar once.

BTW repeat the "Replace All" command until it tells you "0
replacements," to take care of spots with more than two spaces.

If by any chance you have double-spaces elsewhere in the document that
you want to keep, you would type period space space, and then period
space; and do it again for question mark and exclamation point.

On May 13, 12:41*pm, Karen wrote:
Hi ... I have a very long text doc that has two spaces inserted after the
period at the end of each sentance (old schoold way), rather than one space
that is now standard. I want to use the Find and Replace to change all of the
double spaces into single spaces. Does anyone know the special character
combination to do that? Thanks so much!
--
Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

There is no need of any special character, just use spaces. HOWEVER, ...

... take GREAT CARE if you do this in Word 2007 SP2, as it could result in
the loss of inline graphics bounded by spaces.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com