Please help - Lost 2013 Document

Old March 2nd 14, 10:07 PM
Sean2148max2 Sean2148max2 is offline

Exclamation Please help - Lost 2013 Document

So I downloaded a word document I had previously been working on from my email account, which saved the document to a .zip in my Downloads folder. I opened up the file and continued on the document. During my time writing on the document I pressed Ctrl + S several times. After I finished I closed the document. Then I looked for the document sometime later but failed to find it. It wasn't in my documents folder and where I downloaded it in the .zip folder, the document has not been updated at all. I've searched all the word documents on my computer and tried the Recover Unsaved Documents option but nothing as helped me find it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old March 4th 14, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Default Please help - Lost 2013 Document

Are you saying that you edited the document after opening it from a zip
archive? Did you save it, in Word format, to the hard drive first (via the
Save As dialog)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old March 7th 14, 11:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
james11

Sean2148max2 wrote on 03/02/2014 17:07 ET :
So I downloaded a word document I had previously been working on from my
email account, which saved the document to a .zip in my Downloads
folder. I opened up the file and continued on the document. During my
time writing on the document I pressed Ctrl + S several times. After I
finished I closed the document. Then I looked for the document sometime
later but failed to find it. It wasn't in my documents folder and where
I downloaded it in the .zip folder, the document has not been updated at
all. I've searched all the word documents on my computer and tried the
Recover Unsaved Documents option but nothing as helped me find it. Any
help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sean2148max2

Do you remember what is the file name of your worksheet ?
Did you searched your file from backup file, auto-recovery files or temporary
files methods in Word ?