custom page size won't hold

Old October 26th 06, 06:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Matthew

Default custom page size won't hold

I have set the page size to 11x13.5 and set the margins but when I open print
preview, the righthand section is cut off. this is in Word 2002. from what I
have read, Word is supposed to override the printer's settings,but the
printer is overriding Word.any suggestions?
Old October 27th 06, 02:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne Troy

I don't know where you got the idea that Word overrides the printer settings.
Word uses the printer driver to create a print preview. I usually install the
driver for the actual printer that will ultimately be used to print the
document(s) I create. After installing, simply say "no" to the Print Test
Page prompt. Then, you'll be able to see what your document will look like.
Of course, I'm assuming you're going to use a different printer than the one
you're working with now to print the custom size.
--
~Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com