JoanN

Default "Do you also want to save changes to the document template?" messa

I just upgraded to Office 2003. Now every time I save a document that I
created with a template, a message asks "Do you also want to save changes to
the document template?" I created the document using the regular route
(File--New, then selected "Templates on my computer...."). I save
constantly, so this is incredibly annoying. I definitely do not want to save
changes to the templates because I use these templates all the time to do my
work. I tried looking in my Startup folder and in COM Add-Ins, according to
Charles Kenyon's instructions on this website. In both cases, I found no
add-ins whatsoever. ANY other ideas??

Thanks!
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Sm9hbk4=?=,

I just upgraded to Office 2003. Now every time I save a document that I
created with a template, a message asks "Do you also want to save changes to
the document template?"

Have you ever answered "Yes"? Depending on the version of Word from which
you've upgraded, Word may be doing some silent conversion of the template in
the background. And it will keep on doing this until you've once answered "Yes"
so that the conversion is saved in the template file.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

JoanN

Cindy--Thank you very much for your suggestion. I was going to try it out
this morning, but found that when I save (the same documents I had trouble
with yesterday!), I no longer get the message asking if I want to save the
template. Maybe I did click "Yes" by mistake at some point yesterday. If I
run into this problem again, I will certainly try doing that. Thanks again!!

Hi ?B?Sm9hbk4=?=,