Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
custombuildertc custombuildertc is offline

Default How can you scan in multiple pages into one document (multi-page)

I am trying to scan multiple pages (of a magizine article) into a word
document that can just be one document with several pages - so I can email it
out without the receiving having to open up each page seperately - I
currently save each page seperately to accomplish this task and hope there is
an easier way both to scan and send.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This is up to your scanning software. If you're scanning as text (as opposed
to a graphic), there may be an option to "Prompt to scan another page."

"custombuildertc" wrote in
message ...
I am trying to scan multiple pages (of a magizine article) into a word
document that can just be one document with several pages - so I can email

it
out without the receiving having to open up each page seperately - I
currently save each page seperately to accomplish this task and hope there

is
an easier way both to scan and send.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you scan as images, then you will have a number problems. Multipage image
formats are incompatible with Word as objects cannot span pages and even if
you scanned to a series of individual images the resulting document of those
combined images would be far too large to e-mail and that is without looking
at the copyright issues of your doing so in the first place.

You need some OCR software eg Finereader (you may get away with Microsoft
Office Document Imaging if you only want the text) and scan to editable
text.