Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liontamer Liontamer is offline

Default Stefan Blom: another question from original question string 7/19/0

Stefan Blom: New question, but arrising from the same situation we've been
talking
about: Once I've attained the result I want in my document, I want to save
the list format as a template for future documents.

Now, I've noticed an option for doing this from the main Office Drop Down
Options List. I wonder, however, that if I select the option to Save As A
Template then will just the formatiing be saved of my list? Or am I saving
the whole document as a template text and all. My guess is it's the former.
But I'm not 100% sure here. Comment requested. : )

Also: is ther a way to print out the entire thread of messages? There's 12
dar gone pages in this thread. I wanna save 'em. But not one frame at a
time. What can I do? Oh, such a simple question. I should know the answer
to this one. Yah!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"Liontamer" wrote in message
Stefan Blom: New question, but arrising from the same situation we've been
talking
about: Once I've attained the result I want in my document, I want to save
the list format as a template for future documents.

Now, I've noticed an option for doing this from the main Office Drop Down
Options List. I wonder, however, that if I select the option to Save As A
Template then will just the formatiing be saved of my list? Or am I
saving
the whole document as a template text and all. My guess is it's the
former.
But I'm not 100% sure here. Comment requested. : )

If you use the Save As command and choose "Document Template" Word will save
the whole document (contents, page setup, and styles). See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart1.htm,
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...latesStore.htm, and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/temp...ons/index.html.

Any list templates in a document will be included with the new template
created when you save the document as a template, just like any other
formatting and styles. Note, however, that it is crucial to tie list
formatting to styles; that way, it will be (relatively) easy to reuse it.

Also: is ther a way to print out the entire thread of messages? There's
12
dar gone pages in this thread. I wanna save 'em. But not one frame at a
time. What can I do? Oh, such a simple question. I should know the
answer
to this one. Yah!

To print an entire thread, I think the easiest way is to make use of google
groups (see http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en).

The "Unexpected alignment when using styles for headings 1, 1.1, 1.1.1"
thread can be found he
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...852fc5b1b53d2/

~~~
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liontamer Liontamer is offline

Default Stefan Blom: another question from original question string 7/

Stefan: You are the greatest!
I'll have to make time to follow the links you've provided herein. And I'll
get back at ya. See, I kind a expected you'd answer my question about
templates the way you did. I knew it was more involved than one may think.

I'll get to the google stuff later too.

Now go get a Coke a Cola! They've got that in your country, don't they?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

"Liontamer" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad I could help.

FWIW, Coca Cola is not a favorite of mine.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Row question Dee Tables 2 November 27th 07 02:04 PM
Stefan Blom Zan Microsoft Word Help 5 January 23rd 07 12:17 PM
SUM ABOVE Question Tex Shalter Tables 1 September 28th 06 12:25 AM
a question if i may dealenne Microsoft Word Help 1 July 3rd 06 10:49 PM
Add-ons question, please! billybob New Users 2 October 2nd 05 05:55 AM