Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cte67 cte67 is offline

Default Add to Standard Colors

Is it possible to add a color to the Standard Colors displayed under the Font
section?

I regularly highlight a few words in blue (0, 0, 255). After creating this
color option, it shows up under Recent Colors. However, after I shut down the
file, and bring it up later, this color option disappears from Recent Colors.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You asked this in another thread recently and were told that it isn't
possible and to create a character style. Nothing has changed since then!

cte67 wrote:
Is it possible to add a color to the Standard Colors displayed under
the Font section?

I regularly highlight a few words in blue (0, 0, 255). After creating
this color option, it shows up under Recent Colors. However, after I
shut down the file, and bring it up later, this color option
disappears from Recent Colors.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul B[_5_] Paul B[_5_] is offline

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 03:18:01 -0700, cte67 wrote:

Is it possible to add a color to the Standard Colors displayed under the Font
section?

I regularly highlight a few words in blue (0, 0, 255). After creating this
color option, it shows up under Recent Colors. However, after I shut down the
file, and bring it up later, this color option disappears from Recent Colors.

Record a macro and assign it to a hotkey.

p.
--
Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cte67 cte67 is offline

I tried to create a character style. Unfortunately, after that, all of my
text was blue. It took extra effort to convert sections back to black.

Is there a way to place a request to Microsoft to change this?

It isn't possible ... create a character style.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is not the usual result of creating a character style, so you have
obviously done something wrong. For instructions on how to create a
character style, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

For one possibility of why it resulted in all the text being blue, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"cte67" wrote in message
I tried to create a character style. Unfortunately, after that, all of my
text was blue. It took extra effort to convert sections back to black.

Is there a way to place a request to Microsoft to change this?

It isn't possible ... create a character style.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cte67 cte67 is offline

This works. Thanks for the suggestion.

Record a macro and assign it to a hot key.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dawn.aquila[_2_] dawn.aquila[_2_] is offline

ignore those who make fun because you've asked the question again. just may
happen that folks smarter than your critics may respond with help.

I have created a template with that, macros and other features I use a lot.
Use that template for all new documents. Less problematic than trying to
work with styles, custom colors, etc over and over. for all that folks tell
you that those are the best or only way to do things, they don't work
consistently from one computer to another even within the same version of
Word.

Non-standard ToC st New Users 1 August 20th 08 11:29 PM
How do I add new colors to the standard color options? Aimee Microsoft Word Help 2 November 30th 07 02:57 PM
Change color pallete for standard text colors eyc908 Microsoft Word Help 0 February 28th 07 06:01 AM
colors SteveZ Microsoft Word Help 2 September 27th 06 06:17 AM
standard language derksj Microsoft Word Help 1 February 16th 06 11:46 AM