Default Three questions...?

1. Click on the linked image and press Ctrl+Shift+F9, which will unlink it
and embed it in the doc.

2. and 3. This would be difficult given that they're images. You could copy
them to the Clipboard, but unfortunately you can use the ^c (Clipboard
contents) code only in the "Replace with" box, not "Find what."

Assuming, however, that they are also linked rather than embedded, you might
try another approach: after unlinking the images you want to keep, Alt+F9 to
display field codes, then use Find and Replace to search for

^19 INCLUDEPICTURE

and replace with nothing. When Word finds an INCLUDEPICTURE field (^19 is
the code for the opening field brace), it will select the entire field, so
it will all be deleted.

"Cagney" wrote in message
I'm trying to deal with converting a web page I copied and pasted into
Word, into a saveable document... I have three things left to do...

Firstly, is there any way of *forcing* Word to store the images in the
document? Usually when they're pasted from clipboard and do not reside
anywhere, Word will store them... but when I paste an image from the
Web, Word usually seems to store only the link to it rather than the
actual copy of the image...? I would like it to store these images in
the document along with the text...

Secondly, is there any macro that would remove all instances of
Javascript from the document (marked as a small yellow "J" icon in the
document...)?

Finally, any macros that would remove an image repeated throughout the
text (specifically a small arrow that appears about 80 times in the
document and that, in the online version, was used with Javascript to
scroll the page...)

TIA...

Anna Summers

Can you set a default so that Word 2003 will ALWAYS EMBED instead of LINK?
It seems a much to have to click around to prevent it from NOT storing an
image that you indicate you want to store. Thanks, --Ann Fennell

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. Click on the linked image and press Ctrl+Shift+F9, which will unlink it
and embed it in the doc.

Anne Troy

It does embed by default.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. Click on the linked image and press Ctrl+Shift+F9, which will unlink

it
and embed it in the doc.

Not when you copy images from the Web, no, because what you are copying from
the Web is the link, not the picture. Best practice is to right-click on the
Web image and choose "Save Image As." After you've saved it to My Pictures
(or wherever), you can use Insert | Picture | From File to insert it in your
document, and that process does embed it by default.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. Click on the linked image and press Ctrl+Shift+F9, which will unlink

it
and embed it in the doc.

Anna Summers

I'm confused:
Anne Troy says it does embed the image by default and Suzanne Barnhill says
it does not, that it embeds the link, and goes on to describe a
pain-in-the-neck cumbersome process of getting it into a Word document.

The item I want to copy/paste is actually three parts, some text, a check
front and a check back. I used to be able to highlight all of it, copy it to
the clipboard and paste it into Word or Wordpad, but that no longer works,
for some reason. I certainly don't want to have to save three things
somewhere (wading through folders each time), then open a Word document and
Click on InsertPictureFromFile and find the file again (wading through
folders again) for each of the three pieces. That's a bit much.

I was looking for a way to set a DEFAULT to imbed the image that I (thought
that I) copied to the CLIPBOARD to avoid having to click Ctl+Shift+F9 every
time on every image to "unlink" it - I wasn't looking for something MORE
complicated.

Is there no way to set it so it copies the material from the CLIPBOARD by
default (no link) so it can be pasted without Word ALSO having to go out to
the internet to get it again? The more I learn about Word, the worse it gets
- trying to make a simple 1.2.3 list with a little space (a line or 1/2 line)
between each item (instead of all the items run together with no line space
between them) is undoable unless you want to write a program to handle it - I
thought that's what Word was - a program to handle it.

Does WordPerfect handle any of this more gracefully?

Anna

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. Click on the linked image and press Ctrl+Shift+F9, which will unlink

it
and embed it in the doc.

Anne Troy

Hi, Anna. When I said it doesn't embed the image by default, I didn't
realize you were copying and pasting from the web. Also, perhaps you ought
to try a screen capture program like SnagIt, which will allow you to do
exactly what you want.
*******************

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not when you copy images from the Web, no, because what you are copying

from
the Web is the link, not the picture. Best practice is to right-click on

the
Web image and choose "Save Image As." After you've saved it to My

Pictures
(or wherever), you can use Insert | Picture | From File to insert it in

your
document, and that process does embed it by default.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. Click on the linked image and press Ctrl+Shift+F9, which will

unlink
it
and embed it in the doc.

You don't *have* to save the image and then insert it, but if you don't,
then what you are inserting is a link; there is no way around that. It seems
to me that selecting the picture (while you are still connected and the
picture is still displayed) and pressing Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink it requires
very little extra effort.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. Click on the linked image and press Ctrl+Shift+F9, which will

unlink
it
and embed it in the doc.

Anna Summers

I have a program that I use when all else fails, or to copy little bits of
things (MWSnap - and its great), but you have to be able to SEE everything
you are copying and the popup is just small enough so you can't get the text
and all of the back of the canceled check at once - and the window is not
resizable. For this reason, screen copy won't do it either.

You can SELECT everything at once, and it used to copy intact to the
clipboard, but no longer does. It seems that the CLIPBOARD behavior is what
has changed, since wordpad is affected also. I have a wordpad file where I
added the copied data all the time as checks came in (I write few checks),
but it no longer pastes from the clipboard as it used to. I also have a file
in word (I switched because in wordpad the check images would print partially
off the page and word shrank them to fit) - but it doesn't work any longer
either.

It happens on other webpages also, not just this one.

Doesn't anyone have an answer to why something that worked last month
(copying a selected portion of a webpage - text and graphics together) to the
clipboard, suddenly doesn't work anymore???

AnnaSummers

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. Click on the linked image and press Ctrl+Shift+F9, which will

unlink
it
and embed it in the doc.

Anna Summers

If there are a number of images in the document, having to go back and select
each one and press Control + Shift + F9 for each one is an aggravation that
shouldn't be necessary. If I am doing front and back of 10 checks, that's 20
extra steps and 30 extra keys to press, PLUS however much it takes to locate
highlight each image again. To me, that is extra effort. And it shouldn't
be necessary. It wasn't necessary last month.

Do you know WHY the clipboard worked last month (accepting data from the web
- text and actual images that it could paste into wordpad or word) and
suddenly doesn't work now??

Also, whenever Word tries to paste something (even text) from something I
copied (I thought) from the web to the clipboard, it doesn't want to accept
it from the clipboard (as Word 2000) did, it wants to go BACK out to the
internet AGAIN before it pastes. If I say "yes" it pastes the text
immediately; if I say "no" it just sits there -for minutes - before it
finally gives up and pastes the text. Do I have to go back to Word 2000 and
not buy 2003 to get rid of this obnoxious behavior? Is there no setting to
make the clipboard work as an actual clipboard, the way it used to?

AnnaSummers

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. Click on the linked image and press Ctrl+Shift+F9, which will

unlink
it
and embed it in the doc.

If the document contains nothing but linked images, then Ctrl+A,
Ctrl+Shift+F9 would unlink them all. I have no idea why you can no longer
paste copied images from the Web. I know that pasting from the Web is very
slow in Word 2003 (as a result of security updates, I imagine), but for me
it does eventually work. If not, I would ask your bank if they have changed
anything since last month.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not when you copy images from the Web, no, because what you are

copying
from
the Web is the link, not the picture. Best practice is to

right-click on
the
Web image and choose "Save Image As." After you've saved it to My

Pictures
(or wherever), you can use Insert | Picture | From File to insert it

in
your
document, and that process does embed it by default.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Anna Summers" wrote in

message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. Click on the linked image and press Ctrl+Shift+F9, which will

unlink
it
and embed it in the doc.

Anna Summers

I don't think it is the bank because the same thing is happening with other
websites. I don't entirely blame Word 2003, either, unless it changed
Wordpad or more to the point, changed the clipboard, when it installed. Data
(from more than one site) that used to copy fine to the clipboard - including
images and text - no longer do so. Is it possible that the installation of
Word 2003 changed the behavior of the clipboard? The version of WinXP that I
was using when the clipboard worked for everything was from 2002. I'm
wondering if this later version of XP might have a different clipboard
executable and whether I could get the other one back? I don't want to have
to be on the internet to view the images in my documents. Does Word 2000
also insert "links" instead of inserting the actual images? There just has
to be a reason the clipboard suddenly stopped accepting actual images.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. Click on the linked image and press Ctrl+Shift+F9, which will
unlink
it
and embed it in the doc.

Any graphic you copy and paste from the Web is going to be a link, so I
imagine this was the case in Word 2000 as well, unless it automatically
unlinked pasted objects. I don't have that much experience with this because
I usually save graphics as files instead of pasting them directly. But I do
know that there are many new Web-related security precautions that affect
this behavior. You'd probably get more authoritative answers in the
microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics NG, however.