jbwireless57

Default i get an icon when i try to copy and paste into word

I am using XP and Office 2003. When I try to copy text from a web site and
paste it into Word or an outlook message, all I get is a small icon instead
of any copied text. I am sure there is some sort of HTML setting I need to
change but I can't find it.
Klaus Linke

"jbwireless57" wrote:
I am using XP and Office 2003. When I try to copy text from a web site and
paste it into Word or an outlook message, all I get is a small icon
instead
of any copied text. I am sure there is some sort of HTML setting I need
change but I can't find it.

Could also be an add-in messing with the clipboard. Do you have Works and
the Word Works add-in installed?

You could try to start Word without loading Normal.dot and other templates
and add-ins (Start Run Winword.exe /a).

If Word pastes ok then, you could try the troubleshooting steps in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820919 "How to troubleshoot problems
that occur when you start or use Word 2003 or Word 2002", Steps 5 and 4, to
determine the culprit.

Regards,
Klaus

jbwireless57

Thanks for the suggestions. The problem seemed to go away when I checked the
"smart cut and paste" box under tools/options/edit in Word. If it comes
back, I will try the steps you listed.

I appreciate the reply.

Jim

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

"jbwireless57" wrote:
I am using XP and Office 2003. When I try to copy text from a web site and
paste it into Word or an outlook message, all I get is a small icon
instead
of any copied text. I am sure there is some sort of HTML setting I need
change but I can't find it.

Could also be an add-in messing with the clipboard. Do you have Works and
the Word Works add-in installed?

You could try to start Word without loading Normal.dot and other templates
and add-ins (Start Run Winword.exe /a).

If Word pastes ok then, you could try the troubleshooting steps in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820919 "How to troubleshoot problems
that occur when you start or use Word 2003 or Word 2002", Steps 5 and 4, to
determine the culprit.

Regards,
Klaus

copy and paste labels teddkilroy Microsoft Word Help 3 September 9th 05 05:32 AM
Copy & Paste from Web to Word '03 Mrmars Microsoft Word Help 3 February 12th 05 04:19 PM
copy paste without losing style Rob Microsoft Word Help 1 February 8th 05 10:11 AM
Copy and paste jrh Microsoft Word Help 1 January 20th 05 08:54 PM
Very Slow Copy and Paste Growler Microsoft Word Help 0 January 3rd 05 09:35 PM