Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin

Default Possible to embed a file as double-clickable icon in Word?

Hi there.

I'm wondering if someone can lay this issue to rest for me. I could swear
that, in the past, I've been able to embed a file (.doc, .xls, .txt, .pdf,
etc.) in MS Word, but I don't see anything in the Help section of Word or in
the discussion boards to indicate that this is possible. Am I crazy or is
this possible?

The desired end result would be to create a single file that would allow you
to launch multiple document files from it. Clearly, the file would be large,
but it would allow for a simplistic "ZIP".

Insert file and Insert file as link don't appear to work properly regardless
of the file extension I attempt to embed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Kevin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi Kevin -

I believe what you are looking for is InsertObject rather than InsertFile.
I'm not clear on the aspect of

The desired end result would be to create a single file that would allow you
to launch multiple document files from it.

although double-clicking the embedded file's icon does launch the parent
application. Then you can open any other files the app can handl.

HTH |:)