Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
camxaxle

Default Few questions here

Need some help here, please help me out if possible, thanks in advance. Using
Word 2003.

Here's the question:
How to I make exact text "I wish you a Merry Christmas" repeated
continuously across 1200 pages without any page break.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You won't do this with Word.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"camxaxle" wrote in message
Need some help here, please help me out if possible, thanks in advance.
Using
Word 2003.

Here's the question:
How to I make exact text "I wish you a Merry Christmas" repeated
continuously across 1200 pages without any page break.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
camxaxle

This is for a competition purpose, which was set as a question. Not sure how
I am suppose to do that. It was 100 pages, not 1200 pages. My mistake.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

You won't do this with Word.
--

"camxaxle" wrote in message
Need some help here, please help me out if possible, thanks in advance.
Using
Word 2003.

Here's the question:
How to I make exact text "I wish you a Merry Christmas" repeated
continuously across 1200 pages without any page break.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Why in the world do you want to do that? I don't mean to be a smarta** but I
can't think of any reason that anyone would need a 1200 page document that
said that. Except maybe to send it to someone who (1) had a older computer
and would bet bogged down with opening a document that size and (2) didn't
celebrate Christmas.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"camxaxle" wrote in message
Need some help here, please help me out if possible, thanks in advance.
Using
Word 2003.

Here's the question:
How to I make exact text "I wish you a Merry Christmas" repeated
continuously across 1200 pages without any page break.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
camxaxle

What I mean was, how can i go about doing this? I know it shouldn't be done,
but it is set as a IT software (MS Word) competition question.

"camxaxle" wrote:

This is for a competition purpose, which was set as a question. Not sure how
I am suppose to do that. It was 100 pages, not 1200 pages. My mistake.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

You won't do this with Word.
--

"camxaxle" wrote in message
Need some help here, please help me out if possible, thanks in advance.
Using
Word 2003.

Here's the question:
How to I make exact text "I wish you a Merry Christmas" repeated
continuously across 1200 pages without any page break.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

What do you mean by "...pages without a pagebreak" If there are multiple
pages, there must be a page break.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"camxaxle" wrote in message
Need some help here, please help me out if possible, thanks in advance.
Using
Word 2003.

Here's the question:
How to I make exact text "I wish you a Merry Christmas" repeated
continuously across 1200 pages without any page break.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
camxaxle

It says without any break.

Does that mean you will need to select continuous under Section break types?

"camxaxle" wrote in message
Need some help here, please help me out if possible, thanks in advance.
Using
Word 2003.

Here's the question:
How to I make exact text "I wish you a Merry Christmas" repeated
continuously across 1200 pages without any page break.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would guess that the challenge is to achieve 100 pages of anything without
inserting a manual page break. If you could do that, you could put the
desired text in the header, and it would repeat automatically.

I can think of various ways, none of which is particularly easy without a
macro, but how about this one:

1. Use Table | Insert Table to insert a table with one column and 101 rows.

2. In the first row, type "I wish you a merry Christmas."

3. Mark the first row as a heading row (Table | Heading Rows Repeat).

4. Select the entire table and set the row height to 4". Clear the check box
to allow rows to break across pages.

5. You can now format your heading text any way you like--make it as large
and fancy as you wish. If you want it to take up most of the page, instead
of setting the row height for all the rows to 4", leave 100 rows automatic
and make the heading row as deep as you can without forcing the following
row to the next page (8.75" works for me on a standard Blank Document page).
You may want to set the vertical alignment of the heading row to Center
Vertically.

"camxaxle" wrote in message
Need some help here, please help me out if possible, thanks in advance.

Using
Word 2003.

Here's the question:
How to I make exact text "I wish you a Merry Christmas" repeated
continuously across 1200 pages without any page break.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
camxaxle

Hi, thanks for the advice. I made 500 rows, so that it can spread across 100
pages.
Next, i put the text one every single row on the first page and marked
heading rows repeat.
Now, I would like to remove the table and without any break. Is it possible?

"camxaxle" wrote in message
Need some help here, please help me out if possible, thanks in advance.

Using
Word 2003.

Here's the question:
How to I make exact text "I wish you a Merry Christmas" repeated
continuously across 1200 pages without any page break.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear. You don't need 500 rows, just 101
(one heading plus one row for each page). You don't need to put any text at
all in the last 100 rows. You put the text in the single heading row, which
will repeat on every page. You can't remove the empty rows because they're
what is making the document 100 pages long. There are no (manual) page
breaks, so this meets the criteria of the competition. If you will follow my
instructions exactly, you will get a document that meets the competition
standards.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"camxaxle" wrote in message
Need some help here, please help me out if possible, thanks in

advance.
Using
Word 2003.

Here's the question:
How to I make exact text "I wish you a Merry Christmas" repeated
continuously across 1200 pages without any page break.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber

Hi,

pretty funny, looks rather like a joke.

However, if I had to fill 100 pages:

Sub pages100()
Dim l As Long
Application.WindowState = wdWindowStateMinimize
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Selection
.WholeStory
.ParagraphFormat.RightIndent = InchesToPoints(5)
ActiveDocument.Range.Text = "Merry Christmas "
.EndKey unit:=wdStory
l = .Information(wdActiveEndPageNumber)
While l 101
ActiveDocument.Range.InsertAfter "Merry Christmas " & Chr(13)
.EndKey unit:=wdStory
l = .Information(wdActiveEndPageNumber)
Wend
.EndKey unit:=wdStory
.Delete ' some refinement possible here
End With
Application.WindowState = wdWindowStateMaximize
End Sub

In theory, there are other methods.
In former times, the task was how to fill a hard disk. ;-)
Take a file, concatenate it with itself,
take the result, and start again.
Until all crashes.
It's only that Word can't keep pace with inserting
the document's range after the document's range.
That would reduce the time to a fraction.

I think, whoever put that question,
didn't know in detail what he was asking for.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you will send your email address to me at , I will send
you a sample doc.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

"camxaxle" wrote in message
Need some help here, please help me out if possible, thanks in

advance.
Using
Word 2003.

Here's the question:
How to I make exact text "I wish you a Merry Christmas" repeated
continuously across 1200 pages without any page break.

Sequentially numbering multiple-choice test questions? tgocean Microsoft Word Help 4 September 20th 05 05:37 AM
General Questions -- Word 2003 MAB Microsoft Word Help 0 July 19th 05 05:05 PM
2 questions Nospam New Users 2 May 27th 05 02:15 PM
Re-arranging multiple choice questions jdonahue Microsoft Word Help 2 May 7th 05 08:46 PM
Numbering questions only Netty Microsoft Word Help 1 February 9th 05 03:06 PM