Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Worduser Worduser is offline

Default select text in form field

I have a Word document that contains a text form field. I would like to
select and highlight a few words from the paragraph that was typed in the
form field. When I unprotect the document, I can click on the paragraph in
the form field, but when I do that, the entire form field is selected. I
just want to select a few words in the text form field, not the entire
paragraph. Is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?V29yZHVzZXI=?=,

I have a Word document that contains a text form field. I would like to
select and highlight a few words from the paragraph that was typed in the
form field. When I unprotect the document, I can click on the paragraph in
the form field, but when I do that, the entire form field is selected. I
just want to select a few words in the text form field, not the entire
paragraph.

You should be able to do this with the document protected - as long as the
form field is NOT in a table cell.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org