Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finewhatever2 finewhatever2 is offline

Default Color Match

At one time, I saw someone do what I need to do but I cannot figure out how
they got to that point.

If I have a word or picture or something in Word in one color, and I want to
match that same color to another line within the document, there is a way to
point and match colors without going through the hunt and peck method of the
color chart. Anyone know how?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Color Match

Yes, there is a quick and easy way to match colors in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps:
  1. Select the text or object that has the color you want to match.
  2. Go to the Home tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the Font Color button (it looks like an "A" with a colored underline).
  4. At the bottom of the color menu, you'll see a button that says "More Colors." Click on it.
  5. In the Colors dialog box that appears, you'll see a "Pick Screen Color" button. Click on it.
  6. Your cursor will turn into an eyedropper tool. Move it over to the color you want to match and click on it.
  7. The color you clicked on will now appear in the "New" section of the Colors dialog box. Click OK to apply it to your selected text or object.

That's it! You've now matched the color of one element in your document to another. This is a great time-saver and can help ensure consistency in your document's design.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

finewhatever2 wrote:
At one time, I saw someone do what I need to do but I cannot figure
out how they got to that point.

If I have a word or picture or something in Word in one color, and I
want to match that same color to another line within the document,
there is a way to point and match colors without going through the
hunt and peck method of the color chart. Anyone know how?

It isn't possible in Word alone. With a little outside help, though, it can
be done.

You'll need a graphics program such as PhotoShop or the free Paint.Net
(http://www.getpaint.net/) that has an "eyedropper" tool for sampling the
colors in the picture. Using that tool, click the color you want to match,
and write down the red, green, and blue values that make up the color.

Then in Word, click the down arrow on the font color button, choose More
Colors, go to the Custom tab, and enter the values you got from the graphics
program. That will give you the same color for your font.

To save the color, make a style whose definition includes that color.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

ChrisLassen ChrisLassen is offline
Junior Member

How about vice versa? I would like to know the build of the color in Word so that I can match it in Photoshop. Is there somewhere that I can find the RGB or CMYK builds for the default colors offered by Word?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Freedman View Post