Rosswpe

Default Letter format

I want to type a letter with virtually no format. I simply try to bring up a
standard pre-made letter head. ( i.e. printing in the header) Then when I
begin to type the address, I press the enter key and the cursor drops down
several lines. How can I stop this from happening every time I bring up the
letterhead to type a new letter?? I corrected this once but don't remember
how. Thanks Signed John W. Ross, P.E.

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 07:36:01 -0800, "Rosswpe"
wrote:

I want to type a letter with virtually no format. I simply try to bring up a
standard pre-made letter head. ( i.e. printing in the header) Then when I
begin to type the address, I press the enter key and the cursor drops down
several lines. How can I stop this from happening every time I bring up the
letterhead to type a new letter?? I corrected this once but don't remember
how. Thanks Signed John W. Ross, P.E.

There are several possible reasons. Here are a couple of things to
check in the original document or template:

- Right-click in the first line of the address and select Paragraph.
In the "Spacing" portion of the dialog, make sure the Before or After
box say "0 pt". Make sure the Line Spacing box is set to "Single".

- On the File menu, click Page Setup. Click the Layout tab of the
dialog. Make sure the Vertical Alignment box is set to "Top".

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for some good
advice about making templates like this.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Letter Format byeganeh Mailmerge 2 October 27th 05 03:36 PM
Why does my LANDSCAPE Document print in LETTER format? HCFRAdmin Page Layout 5 June 28th 05 12:22 AM
Convert to Symbols Omar Menjivar Microsoft Word Help 7 June 27th 05 07:32 PM
What format do I use when writing a relative a business letter? Nicole Microsoft Word Help 1 June 11th 05 04:26 AM
How do I format a friendly letter? keyboardingteacher Microsoft Word Help 1 May 15th 05 03:32 AM