Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DM DM is offline

Default Header Problem

I opened a previously saved document and continued work in it. All proceeded
normally as before till suddenly when a natural page break occurred from the
continuous typing, the header was huge, thus pushing the first line of text
down to the bottom of the page. I couldn't resize the header, and as I
continued typing, each new line would go up rather than down. When the top of
the page was reached, a new page break was created as I typed, with the text
on the new page again beginning at the bottom. Have used Word for many years
and never seen anything like this before.