karlalt

Default SDW File Extensions

I just loaded Office XP on my Moms computer. She used to use StarOffice. She
has a few files I saved for her and they will not open in Word. Can you
suggest what I may be doing wrong. When I try to open in Word you just a get
a bunch of boxes and weird stuff.

Thank You for looking at this for me

Karl Alt
garfield-n-odie

Word cannot open native-format StarOffice .sdw files. If your
mom still has StarOffice, she should be able to open the .sdw
file with that and "save as" a Rich Text Format (.rtf) file,
which Word can open.

karlalt wrote:

I just loaded Office XP on my Moms computer. She used to use StarOffice. She
has a few files I saved for her and they will not open in Word. Can you
suggest what I may be doing wrong. When I try to open in Word you just a get
a bunch of boxes and weird stuff.

Thank You for looking at this for me

Karl Alt

rderize

If she doesn't have StarOffice, then you can go to OpenOffice.org and
download their FREE wordprocessor, OpenOffice. Version 1.1.4 will Save
As... StarWriter 5 (which uses the "sdw" extension), and might open your
mother's .sdw file too. If it does, then you can save it as .doc file.
http://www.openoffice.org/