Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BPM001

Default Tab Key not promoting / demoting bullet in list

My tab key is not changing my bullet, just indenting my text in a .doc bullet
list.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

In Word 97 and 2000, click on Tools | Options | Edit | check the
"Tabs and backspace set left indent" box | OK.

In Word 2002 and 2003, click on Tools | AutoCorrect Options |
AutoFormat As You Type | check the "Set left- and first-indent
with tabs and backspaces" box | OK.

BPM001 wrote:

My tab key is not changing my bullet, just indenting my text in a .doc bullet
list.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TEH04 TEH04 is offline

If using Office 2007, click on the menu button, the click on word options.
Click the "proofing" tab
Click "auto-correct options"
Click "auto-format as you type" tab
Click the check box labeled "set left and indent with tab/backspace keys"

"BPM001" wrote:

My tab key is not changing my bullet, just indenting my text in a .doc bullet
list.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you can't figure this out from the Windows instructions (if there's an
AutoFormat As You Type dialog in MacWord 2004, then you need to figure out
how to get to it), then you need to ask at
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/communi...pid=newsgroups.

http://word.mvps.org