Keith Wilson

Default Problem with Import from Mac

A colleague has sent me documents produced on a Mac, using Office X. I am
using Windows XP, with Service Pack 2 installed. The document text is fine,
but the graphics, which are crucial to the integrity of the documents, are
not displaying. In a couple of places there are references to Quicktime, the
Mac graphics interpreter. I have tried the most obvious suggestions in Word
Help, to no avail. I have not encountered this problem before and would be
grateful for any assistance.
--
Keith Wilson
Daiya Mitchell

WinWord 2002 was shipped without the right Quicktime interpreter, so make
sure your Word (what version?) is completely updated.

On 5/24/05 12:01 PM, "Keith Wilson" wrote:

A colleague has sent me documents produced on a Mac, using Office X. I am
using Windows XP, with Service Pack 2 installed. The document text is fine,
but the graphics, which are crucial to the integrity of the documents, are
not displaying. In a couple of places there are references to Quicktime, the
Mac graphics interpreter. I have tried the most obvious suggestions in Word
Help, to no avail. I have not encountered this problem before and would be
grateful for any assistance.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Keith Wilson

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

WinWord 2002 was shipped without the right Quicktime interpreter, so make
sure your Word (what version?) is completely updated.

It's Office 2003, with SP1 installed.

Thanks for the reply. That was quick!

Daiya Mitchell

WinWord 2002 was shipped without the right Quicktime interpreter, so make
sure your Word (what version?) is completely updated.

It's Office 2003, with SP1 installed.

Thanks for the reply. That was quick!

I'm afraid I don't know then. You've played with all the View checkboxes
under Tools | Options to make sure these aren't linked pix instead of
embedded, and that you are displaying pictures, right?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Keith Wilson

Keith Wilson

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

WinWord 2002 was shipped without the right Quicktime interpreter, so make
sure your Word (what version?) is completely updated.

It's Office 2003, with SP1 installed.

Thanks for the reply. That was quick!

I'm afraid I don't know then. You've played with all the View checkboxes
under Tools | Options to make sure these aren't linked pix instead of
embedded, and that you are displaying pictures, right?

I think so. I emailed the files to my wife's Apple PowerBook and the
graphics open perfectly in Office X on the Mac. They were produced on a Mac
but I don't think that should be a problem. Anyway, as I have a PC, I need to
get them to open on the PC somehow.

Thanks for your input. Although I haven't resolved the problem, I appreciate
your assistance.

--
Keith Wilson

Daiya Mitchell

Wild guess--sometimes on the Mac, double-clicking to activate the Edit
picture dialog and then closing it can help out. The picture should still
be there, it's a display problem.