Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
markmcd markmcd is offline

Default Degrees symbol

This may seem relatively simple but all I want to do is put a degrees symbol
at the end of a temperature. I have looks through the Windings but there are
hundreds of them through Windings 1,2,3. Is there a quick way to do this or
can someone tell me where exactly I will find it. I'm surprised that it's not
included in the special characters.
Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GreenieLeBrun GreenieLeBrun is offline

markmcd wrote:
This may seem relatively simple but all I want to do is put a degrees
symbol at the end of a temperature. I have looks through the Windings
but there are hundreds of them through Windings 1,2,3. Is there a
quick way to do this or can someone tell me where exactly I will find
it. I'm surprised that it's not included in the special characters.
Thanks in advance

Hold down the Alt key and type 248 on the numeric key pad

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The degree symbol is contained in every ASCII and Unicode font at character
00B0 (Unicode) or 0176 (ASCII). You can insert this through Insert | Symbol,
but the built-in keyboard shortcut for inserting it in Word is Ctrl+@,
Spacebar.

"markmcd" wrote in message
This may seem relatively simple but all I want to do is put a degrees
symbol
at the end of a temperature. I have looks through the Windings but there
are
hundreds of them through Windings 1,2,3. Is there a quick way to do this
or
can someone tell me where exactly I will find it. I'm surprised that it's
not
included in the special characters.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

markmcd wrote:
This may seem relatively simple but all I want to do is put a
degrees symbol at the end of a temperature. I have looks through
the Windings but there are hundreds of them through Windings 1,2,3.
Is there a quick way to do this or can someone tell me where
exactly I will find it. I'm surprised that it's not included in the
special characters. Thanks in advance

Hold down the Alt key and type 248 on the numeric key pad

Not on my system, Alt-248 gets me °, maybe it depends on your regional or
language settings

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"markmcd" wrote in message
This may seem relatively simple but all I want to do is put a degrees
symbol
at the end of a temperature. I have looks through the Windings but
there are
hundreds of them through Windings 1,2,3. Is there a quick way to do
this or
can someone tell me where exactly I will find it. I'm surprised that
it's not
included in the special characters.
Thanks in advance

Alt 176 gives me ¦ not °

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"markmcd" wrote in message
This may seem relatively simple but all I want to do is put a
degrees symbol
at the end of a temperature. I have looks through the Windings but
there are
hundreds of them through Windings 1,2,3. Is there a quick way to do
this or
can someone tell me where exactly I will find it. I'm surprised
that it's not
included in the special characters.
Thanks in advance

Alt 176 gives me ¦ not °

So it does, what a difference an 0 makes.

Well at least my answer to the original poster was correct.