Lee

Default HOW DO I CREATE A ENVELOPE TEMPLATE

I have an envelope for my shipping dept. that has basic criteria that they
have to manually type in on an old typewriter. What I want to do is to
create a template to where they can fill in the criteria on their PC's,
thereby getting rid of the old typewriter.

For example the current envelope has Order# printed on the front and they
have to manually type in the order # using the typewriter.

I've tried to create my own template, but whenever I try to enter the
criteria, the existing print (i.e., Order# will move according to what I
type). I just want them to be able to bring up the envelope and just fill in
the blanks without messing up the existing forms.
Charles Kenyon

Look into macrobutton fields and online forms. (These are alternative
solutions.)

See http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...tm#MacroButton and
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm for more
about macrobutton fields.

For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Lee" wrote in message
I have an envelope for my shipping dept. that has basic criteria that they
have to manually type in on an old typewriter. What I want to do is to
create a template to where they can fill in the criteria on their PC's,
thereby getting rid of the old typewriter.

For example the current envelope has Order# printed on the front and they
have to manually type in the order # using the typewriter.

I've tried to create my own template, but whenever I try to enter the
criteria, the existing print (i.e., Order# will move according to what I
type). I just want them to be able to bring up the envelope and just fill
in
the blanks without messing up the existing forms.

Anne Troy

Hi, Lee. I, too, have instructions on creating forms, and also an envelope
template.
So, create your template using the instructions he
http://www.theofficeexperts.com/word...s&LabelsTricks
And then turn it into a fill-in form by following the instructions he
http://www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm#Fill-inForms
OR use macrobuttons (which Charles mentioned) by using the instructions
he
http://www.theofficeexperts.com/word...asyGuidedForms
I hope this helps!
~Anne Troy