Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom H Tom H is offline

Default WORD 2007 AVERY 5XXX, 8XXX SERIES LABELS

The pulldown listing of Avery labels for PAGE PRINTERS is missing all the
Avery 5XXX, 8XXX labels, i.e., the very commonly used 5160, 8160, 5161, 8161
that WERE included in my prior Word 2000. Anyone know why they are not there?
I have several boxes of these labels just recently purchased to address my
Easter cards and I could not.
--
Tom H
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

They are there - I just checked. I don't understand the "Page Printers"
comment but all of the Avery labels are there in the Label options in
"Envelopes and Labels".

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Tom H" wrote in message
The pulldown listing of Avery labels for PAGE PRINTERS is missing all the
Avery 5XXX, 8XXX labels, i.e., the very commonly used 5160, 8160, 5161,
8161
that WERE included in my prior Word 2000. Anyone know why they are not
there?
I have several boxes of these labels just recently purchased to address my
Easter cards and I could not.
--
Tom H

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom H Tom H is offline

JoAnn,

Please give me the step by step procedure you used to find Avery labels
8160 and 8161.

When I select MAILINGS then LABELS then Avery A4/A5 (never heard Avery A4/A5
before and not part of their labeling on their packages), I still do not have
8160 or 8161.

Also, the dimensions on Word 2007 are incorrect.
5160 Word 2007 says dimensions are 0.9" x 2"x5" when the actual dimensions
of this Avery label, off the box and also measured are 1"x 2 5/8".
5161 Word 2007 says 1.4" x 2.9".
The actual box says 1 x 4".
That's why when I tried printing the labels, the printing was way off and
ruined the sheets of labels.
HELP

--
Tom H

"Tom H" wrote in message
The pulldown listing of Avery labels for PAGE PRINTERS is missing all the
Avery 5XXX, 8XXX labels, i.e., the very commonly used 5160, 8160, 5161,
8161
that WERE included in my prior Word 2000. Anyone know why they are not
there?
I have several boxes of these labels just recently purchased to address my
Easter cards and I could not.
--
Tom H

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Suzanne, in Word 2007 the wording of the dropdown choice has changed
to "Avery US Letter".

And yes, the 8160 and 8161 styles are both in that list.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Tom H" wrote in message
The pulldown listing of Avery labels for PAGE PRINTERS is missing all

the
Avery 5XXX, 8XXX labels, i.e., the very commonly used 5160, 8160,

5161,
8161
that WERE included in my prior Word 2000. Anyone know why they are not
there?
I have several boxes of these labels just recently purchased to

address my
Easter cards and I could not.
--
Tom H

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom H Tom H is offline

Suzanne:
You said I want "Avery Standard" and not Avery A4/A5. Please advise how I
find "Avery Standard".
Thanks.
--
Tom H

"Tom H" wrote in message
The pulldown listing of Avery labels for PAGE PRINTERS is missing all

the
Avery 5XXX, 8XXX labels, i.e., the very commonly used 5160, 8160,

5161,
8161
that WERE included in my prior Word 2000. Anyone know why they are not
there?
I have several boxes of these labels just recently purchased to

address my
Easter cards and I could not.
--
Tom H

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom H Tom H is offline

Jay, I did find them after selecting PAGE PRINTERS.

What is really strange is that MSFT never put the Avery choices in numeric
sequence or is there a way to change the listing so it is in numeric sequence?

That's probably why I completely missed the 8xxx and 5xxx Avery series
because they are a long way down the list.
--
Tom H

"Tom H" wrote in message
The pulldown listing of Avery labels for PAGE PRINTERS is missing all

the
Avery 5XXX, 8XXX labels, i.e., the very commonly used 5160, 8160,

5161,
8161
that WERE included in my prior Word 2000. Anyone know why they are not
there?
I have several boxes of these labels just recently purchased to

address my
Easter cards and I could not.
--
Tom H

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Label Options dialog where you see the "Page printers" radio button
under the Printer information section of the dialog, there is a section
beneath that with the heading of Label information that contains a Label
vendors combo box. If you click on the down arrow to reveal the list of
vendors, you will find what you are looking for.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Tom H" wrote in message
The pulldown listing of Avery labels for PAGE PRINTERS is missing
all

the
Avery 5XXX, 8XXX labels, i.e., the very commonly used 5160, 8160,

5161,
8161
that WERE included in my prior Word 2000. Anyone know why they are
not
there?
I have several boxes of these labels just recently purchased to

address my
Easter cards and I could not.
--
Tom H

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My impression has always been that they were sort of in chronological order,
which also means that the most-used formats tend to sort to the top, being
the ones that were first introduced, with later refinements (such as Ready
Index and Meeting Creator) toward the bottom.

wrote:

If your measurements are in inches, then Avery A4/A5 is not what you

want;
those are European (metric) sizes. You want "Avery standard."

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Tom H" wrote in message
The pulldown listing of Avery labels for PAGE PRINTERS is missing

all
the
Avery 5XXX, 8XXX labels, i.e., the very commonly used 5160, 8160,
5161,
8161
that WERE included in my prior Word 2000. Anyone know why they

are not
there?
I have several boxes of these labels just recently purchased to
address my
Easter cards and I could not.
--
Tom H

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Tom,

It's in a 'sort of' numeric order (i.e. everything starting with '1' comes before items starting with a '2', but the length of the
number is ignored by Word when sorting.

============
"Tom H" wrote in message ...
Jay, I did find them after selecting PAGE PRINTERS.

What is really strange is that MSFT never put the Avery choices in numeric
sequence or is there a way to change the listing so it is in numeric sequence?

That's probably why I completely missed the 8xxx and 5xxx Avery series
because they are a long way down the list.
--
Tom H
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)