Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
giboozul giboozul is offline

Default Blank page at the end of document

Hi, I'm trying to delete the last return of a document and no matter how many
times I select the paragraph mark and delete or backspace, this extra page
will not go away. If you could help with the trick to getting rid of the
blank last page I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
giboozul giboozul is offline

Thanks, Jay. The only part of the page you referred me to that applies, is
showing non-printing characters like paragraph return. I've already done
that, and the one return on the page just refuses to respond to my delete and
backspace commands. There is a footer, but that shouldn't matter right? I
can't delete the page 5 (it's a four-page doc) footer without deleteing all
the rest of them.

Thanks
"Jay Freedman" wrote:

giboozul wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to delete the last return of a document and no matter
how many times I select the paragraph mark and delete or backspace,
this extra page will not go away. If you could help with the trick to
getting rid of the blank last page I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

You can't delete the last paragraph mark. Try selecting the paragraph mark
and adjusting the font size to 1.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

giboozul wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to delete the last return of a document and no matter
how many times I select the paragraph mark and delete or backspace,
this extra page will not go away. If you could help with the trick to
getting rid of the blank last page I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You certainly can delete the last paragraph if it's an ordinary paragraph
following ordinary text. It's only when it follows a table that you can't
delete it; a table hasn't been mentioned here.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

giboozul wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to delete the last return of a document and no matter
how many times I select the paragraph mark and delete or backspace,
this extra page will not go away. If you could help with the trick to
getting rid of the blank last page I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert Robert is offline

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:26:06 -0700, giboozul wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to delete the last return of a document and no matter how many
times I select the paragraph mark and delete or backspace, this extra page
will not go away. If you could help with the trick to getting rid of the
blank last page I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks

Is there a section break before that last paragraph end mark? If so, try
deleting the section break.
--
Cheers
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi TedMi is offline

Are there TWO successive paragraph marks at the end - one ending the last
text paragraph, and another solo? If so, you need to delete the SECOND-LAST
one. But before you do, apply the formatting of the last text paragraph to
the solo ending parag mark.
--
TedMi