Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Parag Vidhate

Default About Macro Security

Hi,

I want to release a document throughout the intranet. This Document contains
Macro. On some machines Macro Security of Office Applications is kept High.

Though, I am using Certificate with the document, some people just are
unware of the concept of Macro Document Certification. So they do not bother
to install macro certificate or to use the Macro Automation.

I want each user of the document, to use the macro autoamtion embedded in
the document, making him unaware of the fact that the Office Document
contains Macro.

In short, I want to tresspass the Macro Security concept for a document on
all machines connected to intranet.

Is there any solution.
Does third party legal certification for Office Documents, saves purpose of
Macro utilization in Office Application

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are no Microsoft people here, just us users.

"Parag Vidhate" wrote in message
Jezebel,

This is just a concept.
I have not implemented it.
I know, I have to built a virus program to get it done.

But is there any alternative?

This is my question to Microsoft people.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Really cool virus, is it?

"Parag Vidhate" Parag wrote in

message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Parag Vidhate

Hi Suzanne,
But, is there someone who can answer my question

"Jezebel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

I suspect there may be someone who can tell you how to write a virus. I hope
they will refrain from doing so. If you have sufficient authority in your
Intranet, you can set it up so that your macros are allowed. Otherwise, not.
It does involve changing the settings for each user
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There are no Microsoft people here, just us users.

so
all may benefit.

"Jezebel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Parag Vidhate

Charles,

No one can go beyond the ethical boundaries of Programming.
My alternative is not Virus.
I want solution to share a Macro Automated Document in an Organization,
which is spread around the World.

"Jezebel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed

Parag:

Parag Vidhate wrote:
Charles,

No one can go beyond the ethical boundaries of Programming.

Sure they can. It's done all the time.

I want solution to share a Macro Automated Document in an Organization,
which is spread around the World.

Most large Organizations have an IT (Information Technology) department
(or similar under a different name) that is responsible for what goes
on to the computers they are responsible for. They have Organizational
standards and protocols that must be adhered to (in theory, at least).

My suggestion is to contact the IT managers and get their approval on
your "macro solution". If they approve your concept and your
implementation, they would be the best ones to advise you on how you
can "spread (this) around the World".

If you are not willing to submit your "solution" to the Organization's
management, you may find very little sympathy here. Especially for
"solutions" that circumvent macro security.

Ed

"Jezebel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You cannot force macro code on to users without creating a virus - and
hopefully Microsoft and the various anti-virus software writers will
continue to prevent you from doing so. The possibilities of you being able
to do so are disturbing. Your motives may be good, but the motives of others
are not. If you want to supply code, supply a template and instruct the
recipients on its use.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

I suspect there may be someone who can tell you how to write a
virus. I hope they will refrain from doing so. If you have
sufficient authority in your Intranet, you can set it up so that
your macros are allowed. Otherwise, not. It does involve changing
the settings for each user --
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Parag Vidhate" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There are no Microsoft people here, just us users.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Parag Vidhate" wrote in
message ...
Jezebel,

This is just a concept.
I have not implemented it.
I know, I have to built a virus program to get it done.

But is there any alternative?

This is my question to Microsoft people.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Really cool virus, is it?

"Parag Vidhate" Parag wrote
in message
news Hi,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Parag Vidhate

Hi Graham,

I think that your solution is the only one to the thing.
Whenever I make a Macro Document, I have to release a Instruction Guie for
using it.

That is great

Thanks Graham

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There are no Microsoft people here, just us users.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Parag Vidhate" wrote in
message ...
Jezebel,

This is just a concept.
I have not implemented it.
I know, I have to built a virus program to get it done.

But is there any alternative?

This is my question to Microsoft people.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Really cool virus, is it?

"Parag Vidhate" Parag wrote
in message
news Hi,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...buteMacros.htm and
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for ideas on how to get macros
to others.
--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There are no Microsoft people here, just us users.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Parag Vidhate" wrote in
message ...
Jezebel,

This is just a concept.
I have not implemented it.
I know, I have to built a virus program to get it done.

But is there any alternative?

This is my question to Microsoft people.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Really cool virus, is it?

"Parag Vidhate" Parag wrote
in message
news Hi,

[...]

Macro shortcut key & security Param Microsoft Word Help 5 April 2nd 06 07:53 PM
Macro Security Dan Mailmerge 5 January 5th 06 11:37 AM
Macro Security JD Microsoft Word Help 11 April 24th 05 03:02 PM
macro security will not stay set jam Microsoft Word Help 1 April 6th 05 12:03 PM
Save As is not working due to macro security settings Craig Meritz Microsoft Word Help 1 December 16th 04 04:53 AM