Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arnalpix Arnalpix is offline

Default Email merge and contacts folders with Word 2007

I have multiple subfolders within personal contacts of Outlook 2007. When I
attempt to doa mail merge, Word 2007 only recognizes one of those folders.
This was nevre an issue with the 2003 version and I have been using that for
years without issue. Now with Vista and 2007 (aside from swearing I should
have gotten a MAC) I can't make the merge! I have tried to do the merge
directly from the contacts folder I want to use, but when Word opens, the
tool bar is inoperable. Clicking on ANY of the available buttons does
NOTHING. Any suggestions of how to get the Merge wizard to recognize my other
folders within contacts?

Just as an additional complaint in the event that someone from Microsoft
actually read this... What's up with wanting to charge $49 for this
(presumably) simple information on a brand new product just purchased today
for $229!?!?!

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In order for mail merge to see contacts lists other than the default
contacts list, the contact list(s) property Outlook Address Book Show this
folder as an e-mail address book must be checked.

When starting the merge from Outlook, the property does not have to be
checked, and the merge should work as it did before albeit the dialogs are
different - see http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

If the link is introducing a fault condition then it is difficult to pin
down what the problem might be. I would start with standard de-bugging
procedures - see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm. Then I would
repair office. Then I would remove the Outlook Address Book (Outlook File
Data File Management Address Books Outlook Address Book Change

Remove) and then I would add it back in again to repair the link which is
used from Word to insert Outlook data. This does not affect the contacts
list(s).

If that doesn't fix it, I would ask in an Outlook forum.