Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
justchinese justchinese is offline

Default asian font

I copied a lot of Chinese text from google translator to a Word document.
Then I transferred the Chinese text from Word into Publisher. When I printed
out the Publisher document, almost all of the Chinese character formatting
was correct except for eight of them. These eight characters for some
reason would print out in a different font than everything else. I have
tried repeatedly to change the fonts on those eight characters (Word and
Publisher says the font is correct but it still prints out differently). I
have tried using 2003 vs. 2007 Office, but nothing seems to work.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you don't get an answer here, I suggest you post in the
microsoft.public.word.printingfonts newsgroup.

http://word.mvps.org

"justchinese" wrote in message
I copied a lot of Chinese text from google translator to a Word document.
Then I transferred the Chinese text from Word into Publisher. When I
printed
out the Publisher document, almost all of the Chinese character formatting
was correct except for eight of them. These eight characters for some
reason would print out in a different font than everything else. I have
tried repeatedly to change the fonts on those eight characters (Word and
Publisher says the font is correct but it still prints out differently).
have tried using 2003 vs. 2007 Office, but nothing seems to work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are they unusual characters? That's the behavior you'd see if the
characters happen not to be in the main font you use and are
substituted from the default or system font.

Check the Font Substitution setting (which is under Office Button
Word Options Advanced, maybe 1/3 of the way down).