Monalee7

Default How do I lock information in a header/footer?

I am trying to create company letterhead, and the margins in both the header
and footer always change when I change the margins of the body of my letters.

How can I keep the information in the headers/footers from moving? Can I
lock the information contained in headers/footers?

Thanks, in advance, if you can help me out!

Jessica
Charles Kenyon

Can I
lock the information contained in headers/footers?

Yes, but I doubt you want to do so.
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...dercontent.htm
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...PlusHeader.htm

How can I keep the information in the headers/footers from moving?

Use styles for your headers/footers. Instead of changing margins, change the
indents of the header/footer style. You can have negative indents to move
the apparent margin outside the page margin.

Create a letterhead template and have people use that as the basis for a new
letter rather than inserting your header/footer into their documents. Take a
look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you want one
header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon