Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cockatoo cockatoo is offline

Default Lock text in header/footer

I tried to use form field in header/footer and failed. I am creating a form
in Word 2002, but like to have text in header/footer "locked" so user cannot
change from header/footer. If I put the same info on each page, the
information will be repositioned since the fill in the blank box is
expandable. Any recommendation how to achieve this effect since header/footer
does not allow form field.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the information appears anywhere on the page, you can use a StyleRef
field to insert it in the header/footer; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

"cockatoo" wrote in message
I tried to use form field in header/footer and failed. I am creating a

form
in Word 2002, but like to have text in header/footer "locked" so user

cannot
change from header/footer. If I put the same info on each page, the
information will be repositioned since the fill in the blank box is
expandable. Any recommendation how to achieve this effect since

header/footer
does not allow form field.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cockatoo cockatoo is offline

I am a novice to StyleRef. Need time to figure out your suggestion, however I
discover form fields created in document body can be inserted as bookmark in
the header, but raised another problem which I posted "bookmark in header".

For the same doc I am working on , I have a version#/date in the footer
which are not form fields or data. Is there a way to lock plain text in the
footer other than applying StyleRef?