Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dejola Dejola is offline

Default Dots in spaces between words, figure at end of each sentence?

A friend who is new to Word was, as she says below, typing away in a
Word document and experienced the following (see her message to me
below):

"I was typing away and hit something that inserted period like dots
into the spaces between words and then puts a figure at the end of each
sentence and the beginning of each line. I have to click it off but I
don't know what it is...any thoughts?"

I don't know enough about Word myself, but maybe someone else here
knows what she "hit" to cause the problem.

Thanks.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The ¶ button on the toolbar turns those marks, and other nonprinting
characters, on and off. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On 17 Dec 2006 16:30:24 -0800, "Dejola"
wrote:

A friend who is new to Word was, as she says below, typing away in a
Word document and experienced the following (see her message to me
below):

"I was typing away and hit something that inserted period like dots
into the spaces between words and then puts a figure at the end of each
sentence and the beginning of each line. I have to click it off but I
don't know what it is...any thoughts?"

I don't know enough about Word myself, but maybe someone else here
knows what she "hit" to cause the problem.

Thanks.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

She toggled show non-printing characters ON. Just look on the toolbar for
the Backwards P and toggle it off.

oups.com...