Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
arun prasath arun prasath is offline

Default how do i convert gif file to doc file

Hai,
I'm Arun Prasath new to this group.i don't know how to convert gif
image to doc.any one please say how to convert this giff file.Is it
possible to convert or not.I tried but i could not do so.please send
the details to if anybody know..........

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

A .gif file is a graphic. So all you need to do is open a document and
select Insert, Picture from File. Word will insert the gif into the document
using its standard converter.

However, if this doesn't work for you, run Setup and make sure that eh
converters are installed.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"arun prasath" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hai,
I'm Arun Prasath new to this group.i don't know how to convert gif
image to doc.any one please say how to convert this giff file.Is it
possible to convert or not.I tried but i could not do so.please send
the details to if anybody know..........

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you want to extract the text from this GIF file you will need OCR
software that can handle GIF, or you will need to convert the GIF to a
format that Office's Document Imaging tool (TIFF) can handle. Windows Paint
will do that.

You must come here for your replies - this is not a help desk!

It is very unwise to put your e-mail address in a public forum like this, as
you will now be inundated with Spam. See http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm