Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
AlanB AlanB is offline

Default Microsoft Office

I am trying to learn how to use WORD " bundled" with Microsoft Office on my
XP Professional..

Since I need document for it, would Microsoft Word 2000 for Dummies
be appropriate for me? There are other titles like Word 2002, 2003 and WORD
6.

I have tried properties of WORD; it did not give any detail. The Office was
purchased two years ago.

Maybe one of you can help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can get the version information of any MS product (and most others) by
clicking Help | About product. FWIW, a Word 2000 book will be less than
helpful for Word 2002, which had many new UI features.

"AlanB" wrote in message
I found it is WORD 2002.
Thank You.

"AlanB" wrote in message
I am trying to learn how to use WORD " bundled" with Microsoft Office on

my
XP Professional..

Since I need document for it, would Microsoft Word 2000 for Dummies
be appropriate for me? There are other titles like Word 2002, 2003 and
WORD 6.

I have tried properties of WORD; it did not give any detail. The Office
was purchased two years ago.

Maybe one of you can help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
AlanB AlanB is offline

Suzanne,
I see now . I always thought WORD 2000 is called since it has to run on
operating system 2000. Mine is XP.

Now it is clear; Anyway, I plan to place an order on WORD 2002 finding
the version like you said clicking on HELP | ABOUT.

Is this forum appropriate for asking help AFTER getting this book?
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can get the version information of any MS product (and most others) by
clicking Help | About product. FWIW, a Word 2000 book will be less than
helpful for Word 2002, which had many new UI features.

so
all may benefit.

"AlanB" wrote in message
I found it is WORD 2002.
Thank You.

"AlanB" wrote in message
I am trying to learn how to use WORD " bundled" with Microsoft Office on

my
XP Professional..

Since I need document for it, would Microsoft Word 2000 for Dummies
be appropriate for me? There are other titles like Word 2002, 2003 and
WORD 6.

I have tried properties of WORD; it did not give any detail. The Office
was purchased two years ago.

Maybe one of you can help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Alan

It's common to think that Word xxxx only runs on Windows xxxx, but it's not
so.

Office 2000 (of which Word 2000 is part) will run on everything back to
Windows 95 (see
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...ysreq2000.asp). Office XP (of
which Word 2002 is part - silly naming convention, but never mind) will run
on Windows 98 and later
(http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...p/sysreqs.asp).

And yes, this is an appropriate forum for asking questions about using Word.
Make sure you tell us what version of Word you're using every time you post
a question.

You might also find the following useful:
Tips from MVPs on posting to the Word newsgroups
http://www.word.mvps.org/FindHelp/Posting.htm
and
Which newsgroup should you post to?
http://word.mvps.org/FindHelp/WhichNewgrp.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"AlanB" wrote in message
Suzanne,
I see now . I always thought WORD 2000 is called since it has to run on
operating system 2000. Mine is XP.

Now it is clear; Anyway, I plan to place an order on WORD 2002 finding
the version like you said clicking on HELP | ABOUT.

Is this forum appropriate for asking help AFTER getting this book?
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can get the version information of any MS product (and most others)
by
clicking Help | About product. FWIW, a Word 2000 book will be less than
helpful for Word 2002, which had many new UI features.

so
all may benefit.

"AlanB" wrote in message
I found it is WORD 2002.
Thank You.

"AlanB" wrote in message
I am trying to learn how to use WORD " bundled" with Microsoft Office
on

my
XP Professional..

Since I need document for it, would Microsoft Word 2000 for Dummies
be appropriate for me? There are other titles like Word 2002, 2003 and
WORD 6.

I have tried properties of WORD; it did not give any detail. The
Office
was purchased two years ago.

Maybe one of you can help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Also, Shauna's own web site should be a mine of information too.

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/conc...ion/index.html

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"AlanB" wrote in message
Suzanne,
I see now . I always thought WORD 2000 is called since it has to run on
operating system 2000. Mine is XP.

Now it is clear; Anyway, I plan to place an order on WORD 2002 finding
the version like you said clicking on HELP | ABOUT.

Is this forum appropriate for asking help AFTER getting this book?
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can get the version information of any MS product (and most others)
by
clicking Help | About product. FWIW, a Word 2000 book will be less than
helpful for Word 2002, which had many new UI features.

so
all may benefit.

"AlanB" wrote in message
I found it is WORD 2002.