Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
skabu1967 skabu1967 is offline

Default Duplicate File Folder Labels (print twice side-by-side) in mail me

I'm trying to print File Folder labels (Avery 5266: 2 colums, 30/sheet) using
Word mail merge and data document in Excel.

What I want to do is print the file name twice so it appears side-by-side on
the label sheet (left and right columns) - 2 labels will go on my file
folders and both need to say the same file name. I'm trying to avoid having
to print two batches of labels, I want to be able to pull 2 of the same label
off the same sheet. For example the label sheet would look like:

(left side) (right side)
Application Application
Phone Log Phone Log
Floor Plan Floor Plan

....and so forth. I have about 400 files that I need to create these labels
for and want to make the process as easy as possible. I've tried several
different things, but not coming up with the solution, hoping someone can
help. I saw another discussion on here and tried the suggestion, but it
didn't work, it would print twice on the first 2 labels, but rest of page is
blank.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

When you create the label layout, in each label cell in the layout except
the first you should see a { NEXT } field (it will either look like { NEXT }
or Next record)

What you need to do is delete the { NEXT } fields in the right-hand column.
Then each pair of labels will use the same data. (If you use the Propagate
labels function to copy your label content to all the label cells on the
sheet, you will need to do this /after/ you have done the Propagate)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"skabu1967" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
skabu1967 skabu1967 is offline

Default Duplicate File Folder Labels (print twice side-by-side) in mai

It worked...you're a rock star! It took me a few tries to understand your
instructions, but I got it....thank you Peter!! :-)

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

When you create the label layout, in each label cell in the layout except
the first you should see a { NEXT } field (it will either look like { NEXT }
or Next record)

What you need to do is delete the { NEXT } fields in the right-hand column.
Then each pair of labels will use the same data. (If you use the Propagate
labels function to copy your label content to all the label cells on the
sheet, you will need to do this /after/ you have done the Propagate)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

news